Control Block Patterns is a simple plugin that comes with 850+ predefined patterns ready to use & you can create more block patterns. It allows end-users to create custom block patterns within the WordPress Patterns Directory. You can add beautifully designed, ready-to-go layouts to any WordPress site with a simple add/replace. Save & control your site Block Patterns in an organized way.
Block Patterns are predefined block layouts, available from the patterns tab of the block inserter. Once inserted into content, the blocks are ready for additional or modified content and configuration.
By using this plugin you can also control Patterns, custom CSS, Script,HTML, and many more in your WordPress site header, content, and footer.
When you activate the Control Block Patterns plugin that creates a new custom post type for custom block patterns. If you register custom patterns, you can select registered block patterns on the edit screen.
The Control Block Patterns plugin is fully compatible with Gutenberg 7.8+ and WordPress Version 5.8.1. This plugin currently requires PHP 5.6 or higher. Block pattern will be a part of core WordPress in the future.
- Control Reusable Blocks: Now you can easily manage your Reusable Blocks, you can import all of them with a single click.
- Register Block Patterns: The editor comes with 850+ Predefined Patterns. Theme and plugin authors can register additional custom block patterns using this plugin
- Unregister Block Patterns: The plugin settings page allows for a previously registered block pattern to be unregistered from a theme or plugin
- Register Block Pattern Categories: The block editor comes with bundled categories you can use on your custom block patterns. You can also register your block pattern categories using the plugin.
- Unregister Block Pattern Categories: This Plugin settings page allows you to unregister a pattern category that comes from a theme or plugin
- Assign Pattern: User can assign a pattern to one or more categories
- Keyword Assign to Pattern: This plugin setting page allows users to add any keywords into the pattern to make them easy to find in the block inserter. It is an optional feature.
- Create Custom Pattern Categories: This plugin also supports to create of custom pattern categories
- Disable/Enable Default Patterns: This Plugin settings page allows to enable or disable the default patterns
- Disable/Enable Default Header Footer Code: You can easily enable or disable every option by clicking on the plugin setting page.
- Custom Style Add: There is an option Control CSS, by using this feature you can control your theme CSS.
- Control Theme Script: By using the plugin feature Control Script, you can easily control your Header, footer or body script, or HTML.
- Reset Functionality: If you think your custom script and CSS are bothering you then you can easily reset your custom items which ones are made with Control Block Patterns. You will find the Reset Options under the plugin’s setting menu.
- Default Category Rename: If you do not add any category before creating your patterns, then all the patterns will go under the Control Block Patterns category. So on the setting page, you will get an option to rename the default category. After renaming it next patterns will be under this category.
- Custom Pattern Builder: By using the Control Block Patterns plugin, you can build your pattern with the help of available Gutenberg blocks.
- Widget Support: You can add block patterns to available widget areas (such as Sidebar, Footer Widget, etc.)
- Shortcode Support: Shortcode feature is also available in this plugin
- Import/Export: You can import/export your block patterns from one site to another site, you can also import Reusable Blocks in block Patterns
How to Use the Plugin
After installing and activating the plugin, you should see a new Block Patterns menu item in your WordPress admin. You can create a new pattern just like you would any post or page from that point. The process is as follows, which may help you.
- Click on the Block Patterns menu item in the sidebar admin menu.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Give a name for your pattern
- Start writing code in the Pattern Content section or click on Insert Pattern Content from Directory to insert any blocks you want to be part of your pattern.
- There are a few more fields to modify or you can leave them as default.
- Publish the pattern (once you publish a pattern, it will be available within the pattern library)
- Go to any post or page (existing or new one)
- Locate your pattern in the Block Inserter under the pattern tab and click on it.
- After clicking on the icon, you should see your custom pattern in the pattern library/list. Click on it. It will be inserted into your post
- All contained blocks are now independent of the original pattern and can be edited as any regular block.
Control Block Patterns is the easiest way to design your layout with beautiful patterns and to insert code or script in your WordPress headers and footers.
Our goal is to make using WordPress easy, both with our WordPress plugins and resources like SenseFlame, the largest WordPress resource site for beginners.
We feel that we have done that here. I hope Control Block Patterns are useful to insert patterns and scripts on your site.