How to Use the Plugin
After installing and activating the plugin, you should see a new Block Patterns menu item in your WordPress admin. From that point, you can create a new pattern just like you would any post or page. The process is as follows, which may help you.
- Click on the Block Patterns menu item in the sidebar admin menu.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Give a name for your pattern
- Start writing code in the Pattern Content section or click on Insert Pattern Content from Directory to insert any blocks you want to be part of your pattern.
- There are a few more fields to modify or you can leave as default.
- Publish the pattern (once you publish a pattern, it will be available within the pattern library)
- Go to any post or page (existing or new one)
- Locate your pattern in the Block Inserter under the pattern tab and click on it.
- After clicking on the icon, you should see your custom pattern in the pattern library/list. Click on it. It will be inserted into your post
- All contained blocks are now independent from the original pattern and can be edited as any regular block.
Installation directly from your site
- Login and navigate to Plugins > Add New
- Type Control Block Patterns into the Search and hit Enter
- Locate the Control Block Patterns – Boost up Gutenberg Editor Patterns plugin in the list of search results and click Install Now.
- Once installed, click the Activate button to activate the plugin
- oad the Control Block Patterns – Boost up Gutenberg Editor Patterns plugin from wordpress.org
- Unzip the package and move the unzipped control-block-patterns folder to your plugins folder (
- Log into WordPress and navigate to the Plugins screen
- Locate Control Block Patterns in the list and click the Activate link.